[Spacewalk-list] Issue installing 2.7 on RHEL 7

Eric ericb at enrsystems.com
Thu Jan 4 18:25:52 UTC 2018

Following the install guid here:
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

When I get to the spacewalk-setup, it ends with "can't install DB".
When I look in the error logs, it says that the schema already exists.
I believe I had this issue a while back, maybe 2.4 on RHEL 6.  And I
solved it by running spacewalk-setup --clear-db.

When I run spacewalk-setup --clear-db now, it errors with embedded
database not installed and then follows with a bunch of errors about the
schema user password being wrong.

The man page says that the --clear-db option implies skip the db
install.  I certainly don't recall that being the case a few years back.

So I believe that in order to get where I need to be......I need to
clear out the old db info somehow, and get it to rerun the installer
correctly.  I've been beating on this for 2 days.

I just did a RHEL 6 install a couple of weeks ago, and it went without
any issues, following the same install guide.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get this install to proceed?