[Spacewalk-list] How to confirm that spacewalk is fetching updates (for mitigating meltdown bug)

Soham Chakraborty dec.soham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:55:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was trying to sync my repositories (subscribed with Red Hat) to bring the
patches for meltdown bug (possibly everyone on earth who works with
computers know this by now).

I manually issued a reposync on my repositories. However the updated kernel
didn't reach the spacewalk server and reposync completed saying that there
are no packages to sync.

The spacewalk server is a RHEL7.2 box. When I checked manually on the
server by running "yum --security check-update", I noticed the updated
kernel in the yum output.

Does anyone know how can I verify that spacewalk is successfully fetching
updates? And can anyone point out why I could be unable to fetch this
kernel (anything to do with subscriptions)? Since Red Hat guys frequent
this mailing list, decided to give it a try.

Thanks,