[Spacewalk-list] Issue installing 2.7 on RHEL 7

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 10:19:33 UTC 2018

Eric:
> No, it started out as a clean install.  But once it failed the first
> time, the db existed.  Anyway, I found and worked around the bug that
> caused the initial failure, and the install now get's all the way
> through to the certificate creation, where it fails with an error about
> not finding rhnlib.  There are two rhnlib packages, one from Redhat and
> one from Spacewalk.  The Spacewalk rhnlib is the one installed.
>
> There are some older bugs with rhnlib, but nothing I've found yet seems
> related to this issue.
>
> A question for you.  When you installed on RHEL 7.4, was the system also
> registered to the Redhat Server Optional channel?

Hello Eric,

We automatically test clean installation as described on
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall.
Which says make sure you are subscribed to the Red Hat
Optional Server channel.

Rhnlib is a default package in RHEL installation so you've most likely used
some minimal / cloud / custom installation image which also may miss some
other default packages. If the version from RHEL satisfies yum install
transaction it should work.

> I'm just wondering if there are some conflicting packages between the
> Red Hat channels, EPEL, and the Spacewalk 2.7 Server channels.

No, at least not within the set of necessary channels described in
HowToInstall.

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat