[Spacewalk-list] SUSE tokens broken since spacewalk 2.7

Sadri, Wafa (BITBW) Wafa.Sadri at bitbw.bwl.de
Wed Jan 10 15:18:07 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We're having issues syncing SUSE repositories since we upgraded to 2.7 in mid-december.
We're using these type of URLs in our repositories:
https://updates.suse.com/SUSE/Products/SLE-Module-Web-Scripting/12/x86_64/product&NOWAVERYLONGTOKENOFYOURREGISTEREDSYSTEM

Spacewalk is able to receive the repomd.xml file and starts to download the packages. But it fails with every single download. Looking at the log files, I can see that it does not request the resources using the token anymore. It will only request the repomd.xml file with the token. Therefor we're getting 403 errors for the actual package downloads. We've refreshed all the URLs, used different tokens... all with the same result. I've tried the SUSE support but they don't understand the problem and were not helpful at all!

Any idea if something has changed in the way spacewalk syncs repositories? Is the python-urlgrabber no longer used?

best regards,
Wafa