[Spacewalk-list] Unknown Error for OSA-DISPATCHER - No Resolution yet

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Fri Jan 12 15:45:31 UTC 2018

If you've changed the back end multiple times it's possible the password
for your master in the rhnpushdispatcher table of your Spacewalk database
is now incorrect.  Try deleting the entries in the rhnpushdispatcher table
and restarting osa-dispatcher.  That service fails on a somewhat regular
basis in 2.5, unfortunately with very limited debug output and reason (I've
gone as far as adding debug output to the Python code directly, without
much luck), so I've had to script something to check the service status and
hammer it into submission when it does crash.

Here is my script, it may or may not help you also... has some CentOS 6 and
SQLite specific parts but should be easily adaptable.

Hope it helps... I was also in the same boat as you, wrangling with it to
make it work, about a year and a half ago.

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin
LOGFILE=/var/log/$(basename $0).out
if [ ! -f "${LOGFILE}" ]; then
        echo "osa-dispatcher and jabberd have been restarted 0 times since
$(date); last restart was on " >> "${LOGFILE}"
fi
service jabberd status && service osa-dispatcher status
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        service osa-dispatcher stop
        service jabberd stop
        echo "delete from rhnpushdispatcher where
jabber_id='rhn-dispatcher-sat@$(uname -n)/superclient';" | spacewalk-sql -i
        sqlite3 /var/lib/jabberd/db/sqlite.db < /usr/local/etc/fixjabber.sql
        service jabberd start
        service osa-dispatcher start
        oldnum=$(cut -d ' ' -f7 ${LOGFILE})
        newnum=$(expr $oldnum + 1)
        sed -i "s/$oldnum times/$newnum times/g;s/last restart was
on.*$/last restart was on $(date +'%F @ %H:%M:%S')/g" ${LOGFILE}
fi

and the content of fixjabber.sql is:
[me at work ~]$ cat /usr/local/etc/fixjabber.sql
delete from authreg where username = 'rhn-dispatcher-sat';
delete from "roster-items" where "collection-owner" = 'rhn-dispatcher-sat@
<replacethis>';
delete from status where "collection-owner" = 'rhn-dispatcher-sat@
<replacethis>';