[Spacewalk-list] How do i limit the bandwidth consumed by a repository sync.

Jeremy Robst jpro at bas.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 15:53:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

You can use trickle to limit the bandwidth (see
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/control-your-bandwidth-trickle)

Then from the command line do

trickle -d 16 spacewalk-repo-sync -c ...

to limit the bandwidth to 16KB/s for example.

I do this because I have a spacewalk server on a ship with only 1Mb/s
satellite bandwidth and I whilst I want updates I want to leave bandwidth
free for other uses.

Jeremy

--
jpro at bas.ac.uk | (work) 01223 221402
Unix System Administrator - British Antarctic Survey