[Spacewalk-list] Can spacewalk be used on a disconnected network?

Sadri, Wafa (BITBW) Wafa.Sadri at bitbw.bwl.de
Wed Jan 24 09:46:00 UTC 2018

Dear Paul,

Spacewalk is a great tool to manage servers „offline“ and act as a local repository. You can deploy servers using spacewalks internal kickstart functionality. I have not used it myself, because I run a seperate kickstart server. You can also use it to deploy „security configurations“ via the configuration channels which your servers can subscribe to.
However keep in mind that you should connect the spacewalk to the internet to be able to download the latest patches for your servers once in a while. I recommend to install the server while connected to the internet. It makes life much easier. There’s no good way to populate channels with rpms properly, if you’re not connected tot he internet.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Wafa