[Spacewalk-list] How to use external repos with Spacewalk and keep the standard repos on clients

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 07:58:26 UTC 2018

Hello Markus, good morning

I'll try to help with some points.

1. Actually there isn't this feature on SW/Satellite 5 as well, btw in the
foreman project we use OnDemand to repository, then is exactly what you are
saying *download metadata and provide the info*, then when client request
data, this will be downloaded. Maybe someone have another idea on SW but by
default I believe be able.

2. I'm not sure if I follow you here ..., maybe a better description should
be fine btw your customer should not be able to install directly from your
SW server ? when you say *We have
people who are on the road sometimes and they wouldn't be able to install
anything without company network connection* so ... *nearby mirror* should
be from your SW/Proxies I believe.

Hope the info above help you. Please let us know more about item 2 then we
can think about.

Best

Best
Waldirio