[Spacewalk-list] After successful registration, yum repolist shows 0 repos, yum install and update returns "No matching Packages"

Livingston, James Jaimie.Livingston at peoplefluent.com
Sat Jul 21 22:40:44 UTC 2018

I have an Oracle 6 system that has been previously registered to a Spacewalk 2.2 server. After force registering the to a new Spacewalk 2.7 server either via proxy or direct to Spacewalk server, I am unable to get the repolist or package data via yum. The system is currently running the Spacewalk 2.2 client (as I cannot update it... Catch22)...

Other nearly identical Oracle 6 systems are not having this problem.

AFAICT, the channels on the the Spacewalk 2.7 server are synched and up-to-date.
The Spacewalk WebGUI shows the correct parent and child channels, and lists packages available for update on the client.
Output from rhn-channel and rhn-profile-sync are normal on the client and match the values on the server.

I have tried the standards:
      yum clean all
      rm -rf /var/cache/yum/*

There is nothing unusual in the /var/log/up2date or var/log/yum.log that I can find.

Does anyone have a quick pointer as to what I should be looking for the diagnose and fix this client issue.

Jaimie Livingston
Operations Engineer
p. 919-645-3686
e. jaimie.livingston at peoplefluent.com<mailto:jaimie.livingston at peoplefluent.com>