[Spacewalk-list] Error registering (rhnreg_ks)

Eckert, Doug doug.eckert at dowjones.com
Tue Jul 24 13:53:40 UTC 2018

Not sure why this started happening, but when I try to register a CentOS
6.9 system to our Spacewalk (v2.6) server, I now get a Python error trying
to import 'dist'

# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://xxx.xxx.xxx/XMLRPC
--activationkey=1-centos6-x86_64
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 37, in <module>
    from up2date_client import rhnreg
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 14, in <module>
    from up2date_client import up2dateUtils
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateUtils.py", line 11, in <module>
    from up2date_client import up2dateErrors
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateErrors.py", line 30, in
<module>
    from platform import dist
ImportError: cannot import name dist

--

*Doug Eckert*
Technical Architect - Systems Technology Services

[image: Dow Jones] <http://www.dowjones.com/>
 P.O. Box 300 | Princeton NJ 08543-0300
(W) 609.520.4993 (C) 732.666.3681
*Email: **doug.eckert at dowjones.com* <alias at dowjones.com>