[Spacewalk-list] Upgrade SpaceWalk 2.6 to 2.7

Eckert, Doug doug.eckert at dowjones.com
Tue Jul 24 15:47:14 UTC 2018

Yes.

Those jpackage file removals apply to CentOS 6. I'm running 7 update 3. As
for the version lock(s)

# yum versionlock list
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
No such command: versionlock. Please use /bin/yum --help

I was able to remove/replace the cglib in a yum shell, and continued as
written. When all was said & done, it had an internal server error at the
initial login screen. I'm pretty fed up and just reverted the snapshot back
to pre-update activities. I just may set up a new spacewalk server at v2.8
... seems easier than dealing with this mess.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Dimitri Yioulos <dyioulos at netatlantic.com>
wrote:

> Did you read the How To completely?  You need to delete certain packages.
> From the How To:
>

> When running on RHEL7, Scientific Linux 7, CentOS 7, you may consider
> revising your current version-locked packages and remove them as needed. In
> particular, cglib and c3p0 no longer need to be locked.
>
> # yum versionlock list
>
> # yum versionlock delete cglib c3p0
>
> *Remove conflicting packages*
>
> When running on RHEL6, Scientific Linux 6, CentOS 6, you need to remove
> certain packages formerly installed from jpackage repo which are not used
> anymore and cause dependency conflicts. Execute the following command:
>
> # rpm -e --nodeps  axis-*-*.jpp5 jakarta-commons-logging-*-*.jpp5 jakarta
> -commons-digester-*-*jpp jakarta-commons-dbcp-*-*.jpp5 jakarta
> -commons-discovery-*-*.jpp5 java-cup-*-*.jpp5 junit-*-*.jpp5
> wsdl4j-*-*.jpp5 xalan-j2-*-*.jpp5
>

> HTH
>

> Dimitri

*Doug Eckert*
Technical Architect - Systems Technology Services

[image: Dow Jones] <http://www.dowjones.com/>
 P.O. Box 300 | Princeton NJ 08543-0300
(W) 609.520.4993 (C) 732.666.3681
*Email: **doug.eckert at dowjones.com* <alias at dowjones.com>