[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart failed. Koan error.: failed to detect local OS version from /etc/redhat-release

SAM O ssaammoo at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:24:02 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am running spacewalk 2.8, I could successfully kickstart running VM with CentOS 6 to install new CentOS7. but I am not able kickstart CentOS 7 machine. I am getting:

Client execution returned "Kickstart failed. Koan error.: failed to detect local OS version from /etc/redhat-release" (code 1)

However the target machine is running latest CentOS7:

 cat /etc/release
cat: /etc/release: No such file or directory
[root at alva-plmmgt02 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)

Thank you in advance