[Spacewalk-list] Jabberd in Spacewalk 2.8

Jérôme Meyer Jerome.Meyer at lcsystems.ch
Tue Jul 31 12:47:36 UTC 2018

Hi Team,

I'm upgrading Spacewalk from 2.4 to 2.8.
In my previously version I've configured jabberd to use the PosgreSQL DB because there were some intern issue. All was fine!

Actually, during the spacewalk-setup --upgrade, it trying to connect to the /var/lib/jabberd/db/sqlite.db, although I configure both files c2s.xml and sm.xml with db -> PosgreSQL. Spacewalk ignores these modifications, changes the files and starts with sqlite....

1)      Is it normal? Can we not use other DB actually?

2)      So, let's say I want to use sqlite. what should I do because no DB exists since I have all put on PosgreSQL? Is the local sqlite DB stabile with the new version?

What would you advise me to do?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jérôme