[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Ubuntu 18.04

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Wed Jun 6 01:44:55 UTC 2018

Am 2. Mai 2018 15:09:52 MESZ schrieb Florian Panzer - ratiokontakt GmbH <fp ratiokontakt de>:
>Am 02.05.2018 um 14:41 schrieb Haupt, Torsten:
> > Hey,
> >
> > are there spacewalk packages für Ubuntu 18.04? I can't find
> > apt-transport-spacewalk and rhnsd in the repos after a fresh
> > installation of Ubuntu 18.04.
>
>nope, you have to roll your own.
>
>we do it like so:
>
>----------------------
>
>for shizzle in \
>	bionic/apt-spacewalk \
>	bionic/python-ethtool \
>	bionic/rhn-client-tools \
>	bionic/rhnlib \
>	bionic/rhnsd \
>	; do
>		cd $shizzle && debuild -uc -us ; \
>		cd ../../
>done

>where in the folders there's just the extracted sources.
>
>I uploaded some binary packages (.deb) which work for me (tm):
>
>https://rephlex.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/spacewalk-client-bionic.zip

Hi,

I'm just getting around to trying this out and I'm finding an issue with the python-gudev dependency for rhn-client-tools. Python-gudev appears to be dependent on libgudev, and both those packages are absent from the stock packages for Ubuntu 18.04. So how did you deal with that dependency?

Cheers,

Paul-Andre Panon