[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Package Profile Sync "Install only" option?

Glennie, Jonathan - 0443 - MITLL jrglenni at ll.mit.edu
Thu Jun 14 19:33:57 UTC 2018

Hello-

Sometimes, we stand up a new system or need to install a set of packages to
an existing system based on the package profile of another machine.  The
package comparison tool is really useful, but it only gives us the ability
to completely sync one system to another, i.e. any packages missing on the
destination system are installed an any extra packages that are installed on
the destination system which aren't installed on the source are removed.  In
order to install only, I have to click each individual package and install
it manually or come up with a way of doing it outside of spacewalk.  It's
not a big deal when the number is small, but it is very tedious when there
are a lot of packages.

Currently, I copy the web page table output in spacewalk and paste it into a
text editor so that I can generate a list of packages to install more easily
and do it manually with yum on the command line.  Does anyone know of an
easier way or something I may be missing?  Thanks.

-Jon