[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic runs indefinitely without ever generating repodata

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Jun 22 12:15:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On 22 Jun 2018, at 5:51 pm, Florence Savary <florence.savary.fs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When using taskotop, we can see a line for the channel-repodata task, we see it is running, but there is never any channel displayed in the Channel column. We can also see the task marked as running in the Admin tab of the WebUI, but if we let it, it never stops. The task runs indefinitely, whithout ever doing anything.

If you've never modified the default memory settings, Taskomatic is probably running out of memory and task is crashing. This is a known issue, particularly when you sync large repos.

I would suggest increasing the memory assigned to Taskomatic to see if that resolves the issue. You will need to restart it after making these changes: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E92593_01/E90695/html/swk24-issues-memory.html

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496