[Spacewalk-list] Upgrade/install packages in spacewalk

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Sat Mar 10 19:12:05 UTC 2018

Am 10. März 2018 19:50:30 MEZ schrieb "Yakin, Francis" <Francis.Yakin at windriver.com>:
>I did , but it still there is delay from the time I initialize it from
>the GUI to the client execute the action. Its about more than 30 mins
>delay. See my attachment on my previous email.
>
>Thanks
>
>Francis
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 10, 2018, at 3:17 AM, Robert Paschedag
><robert.paschedag at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 9. März 2018 20:12:56 MEZ schrieb "Yakin, Francis"
><Francis.Yakin at windriver.com>:
>>>

>>> 1)      Where can we see the activity/progress during when I patch
>the
>>> machines
>>>

>>> 2)      Why there is a time delay between when I run the upgrade and
>>> the client pick the action(see my screen shot on the attachment)
>>>

>>> This action will be executed after 3/8/18 6:42:00 PM PST
>>>
>>> The client picked up this action on 3/8/18 7:26PM
>>>

>>> Can we make the client pick up the action immediately instead of
>>> waiting for more than 30 mins?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Francis Yakin | IT System Admin |  direct: 510-749-2027
>>> 500 Wind River Way, Alameda, CA  94501
>>> [cid:image001.png at 01D12D0C.E17713F0]<http://www.windriver.com/>
>>> AN INTEL COMPANY
>>
>> Install osad on the clients. Then, actions will start immediately.
>>
>> Robert
>> --
>> sent from my mobile device

The picture doesn't tell very much. If osad is installed on the client, then there is something broken here.

Try to stop osad on the client, remove /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth and start it again.

Check in SW GUI that the osad status is "online" and try to ping it from there. Then try the installation again.

Robert
--
sent from my mobile device