[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk TRACEBACK Emails RE:Exceptions thrown for missing files

Francis Lee Mondia endace.francis.mondia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:43:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm getting traceback emails containing the exception above. It seems that
it can't find some files from the Ubuntu repo I've setup. My spacewalk
server has been setup to cater to Ubuntu systems and these emails are only
sent for registered Ubuntu hosts.

Googling around for one of the missing files, It seems to be a known bug
that has been fixed for apt-mirror, as described here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt-mirror/+bug/1550852

Just wondering if someone has experienced this as well and how to apply the
patch for spacewalk.

Kind regards,
Francis

List of Exceptions below:

Exception reported from <spacewalkserver>
Time: Mon Mar 12 06:59:51 2018
Exception type <class 'spacewalk.server.apacheRequest.UnknownXML'>
Exception while handling function dep11
Request object information:
URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-backports/dep11/Components-amd64.yml.bz2
Remote Host: <ubuntu_host>
Server Name: <spacewalkserver>:80

Exception reported from <spacewalkserver>
Time: Mon Mar 12 06:59:51 2018
Exception type <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Exception while handling function repodata
Request object information:
URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-updates/repodata/Packages.diff/Index
Remote Host: <ubuntu_host>
Server Name: <spacewalkserver>:80

.Exception reported from <spacewalkserver>
Time: Mon Mar 12 06:59:51 2018
Exception type <class 'spacewalk.server.apacheRequest.UnknownXML'>
Exception while handling function dep11
Request object information:
URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-security/dep11/icons-64x64.tar.lzma
Remote Host: <ubuntu_host>
Server Name: <spacewalkserver>:80

Exception reported from <spacewalkserver>
Time: Mon Mar 12 06:59:52 2018
Exception type <class 'spacewalk.server.apacheRequest.UnknownXML'>
Exception while handling function dep11
Request object information:
URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/ubuntu/dep11/Components-amd64.yml