[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk upgrade 2.6 -> 2.7

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 09:31:47 UTC 2018

Thomas Schweikle:
> > > Any idea how to solve these dependency problems?
> >
> > Hello Thomas,
> >
> > Have you enabled java repositories?
> > https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#java-packages-6-use-for-red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6
>
> Yes, that was it! Could we please have this info on
> https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade too? At
> least upgrading I do not regularly look at install docs ...!

Hello Thomas,

Actually it's there:

Assumptions

o You have set up your yum to point to Spacewalk 2.7 repository. For the
  repo setup specifics, see HowToInstall#setting-up-spacewalk-repo.

  o In particular, make sure you do NOT use jpackage repo. It has been
    obsoleted in this version of Spacewalk. Disable it or completely
    remove the file /etc/yum.repos.d/jpackage-generic.repo.
  o On RHEL, CentOS, or Scientific Linux you need to enable additional java package repos:
    HowToInstall#java-packages-red-hat-enterprise-linux-centos-scientific-linux.

> > > OS: CentOS 6.9.

Maybe it isn't clear enough... If you have an idea how to improve
documentation please contribute
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/WikiContribute

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat