[Spacewalk-list] packagekit offline update with spacewalk

BUCHER Bernhard Bernhard.BUCHER at frequentis.com
Tue Mar 20 11:50:53 UTC 2018

hi michael,
thanks for your response.

we supply our "customers" (actually colleagues in our company) with an vmware image which they can use for specific tasks.
on these vms a standard user will not get root, so yum is not a possibility. schedule updates from spacewalk would work but i want the users to decide themselves when to update (not on security erratas, but still).

the goal i want to achieve in the end is that a user without root rights is able to update packages and get notifications when updates are possible. since the notification is not included anymore with just packagekit (gpk-update-icon is missing) i need to use gnome-software for the notification which seems to be just another layer above packagekit. this function works on a rhel7client subscribed to the redhat network. the only difference i can find regarding the update process are the missing entries in redhat.repo.

br,
bernhard