[Spacewalk-list] Upgrade Selected Packages extremely slow

Sadri, Wafa (BITBW) Wafa.Sadri at bitbw.bwl.de
Wed Mar 28 13:33:35 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I've been planning a big update for a lot of servers today and I've noticed a major problem. After I open the SSM and select all the packages I want to upgrade, I can press the button "Upgrade Selected Packages". If I click that button, Spacewalk takes 5-10 minutes for the next page to load. I had to increase the timout in the httpd.conf file to 600, because it kept throwing me out with an http 500 code. It was never this bad. It's nearly impossible to plan major updates like this. I don't have any clue why this is happening. We haven't changed anything and never had this problem in the past. I'm very confused.

The postgres-thread that handles the request goes right up to 100% and stays there until it either times out or goes through. Is something wrong with our database?

regards,
Wafa