[Spacewalk-list] [External Sender] Spacewalk clients reporting zero packages in channels

Afify, Sherif S (IBS) Sherif.Afify at se1.bp.com
Wed May 2 18:07:48 UTC 2018

When you run “yum list “ what the error you get ,it might be dns issue

Sent from my iPhone

On May 2, 2018, at 8:06 PM, Larry Clegg <lclegg at kyriba.com<mailto:lclegg at kyriba.com>> wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions.  I had tried that earlier but did so again just now.  It made no difference.

The atlas-centos6 channels are all clones from the master centos6 channels.  I created an activation key for these master channels (we normally do not subscribe systems to the masters).  I then updated my test client to use this new activation key be subscribed directly to the masters – same results.  Zero packages listed.

In the SW GUI I see the newly registered system.  It shows that it has updates available to it.  Yet the client system sees zero packages:

# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
repo id                                                                     repo name                                                                            status
centos6-x86_64                                                     CentOS 6 (x86_64)                                                                  0
centos6-x86_64-updates                                       CentOS 6 Updates (x86_64)                                                   0
epel6-centos6-x86_64                                           EPEL 6 for CentOS 6 (x86_64)                                             0
spacewalk27-client-centos6-x86_64                    Spacewalk Client 2.7 for CentOS 6 (x86_64)                      0

<image001.jpg>