[Spacewalk-list] wrong packages in channels

Nicole Beck nskyrca at syr.edu
Tue May 8 16:18:59 UTC 2018

Hello,
When running "yum update" on my spacewalk clients I'm seeing some dependency failures and strange dependencies. For example, a CentOS 6 server wants to install a package meant for CentOS 7, or an OL7 server wants to install an OL6 package.  When I look at the list packages in the channels in Spacewalk ( Channel - Manage Software channel - centos6-updates - Packages- List/remove packages), I see things that don't belong.  For instance, in my Centos7 channels, I see both "Oracle Inc" as well as CentOS listed in the "Content Provider" column.

Another example is that my oraclelinux6-updates channel has both "Oracle Inc" and CentOS listed in the "Content Provider" column, as well as packages with ".el7" in the name (these have "Oracle Inc" listed as the "Content Provider").

Has anyone seen this before, and have suggestions why this happened?

Thanks!
Nicole

Nicole Beck
Information Technology Analyst
Information Technolgy Services - Core Infrustructure Services - Unix