[Spacewalk-list] Certificat problem by client installation

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Wed May 9 14:49:16 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 09. Mai 2018 um 13:47 Uhr
> Von: "Jérôme Meyer" <Jerome.Meyer at lcsystems.ch>
> An: "'Robert Paschedag'" <robert.paschedag at web.de>, "spacewalk-list at redhat.com" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>, "'spacewalk-list at redhat.com'" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
> Betreff: RE: [Spacewalk-list] Certificat problem by client installation
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for contacting.
> I've configured a static entry in /etc/hosts and test it but unfortunately the spacecmd result is the same.
> Oddly this URL (https://<dev_spacewalk>.local/rpc/api) works directly with a web browser (only http: certificate invalid)
>
> Best regards,
> Jérôme Meyer

Well Jérôme.....you got it wrong.

You need to connect (and re-run your tests) to "prod_spacewalk.local"! That's why you made the static entry within /etc/hosts.
So when you now say...."go to prod_spacewalk.local" your client is connecting to your "dev_spacewalk" system.
Then, there should not be an SSL error if the name you used to connect is EXACTLY THE SAME as the name within the SSL (CN=...)
Robert