[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk & Uyuni

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Tue May 29 15:46:14 UTC 2018

As you have mentioned, SUSE announced their intention to fork Spacewalk
[1]. The ability to fork is an important part of the freedoms that open
source provides and happens when goals and needs of two interested parties
diverge. That is the case here. The SUSE team has a set of requirements for
their downstream project that differ from Red Hat’s needs.

We thank SUSE for all their contributions to Spacewalk and wish the Uyuni
project and the team the best! We look forward to some of the larger
contributions discussed at the OpenSUSE conference, such as Kubernetes and
the React UI.

We will continue to work with the Uyuni project to ensure that the
communities work well together and that users of both communities have the
best experience possible..

Best Regards,
the Red Hat Spacewalk team
--