[Spacewalk-list] How to create local repo on Spacewalk

Bill Howe howe.bill at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:06:50 UTC 2018

>From what I understand, you are trying to create a custom local repo and
make it available in Spacewalk.
To do that:

   - Follow the normal createrepo procedures
   - Populate your repo with the packages, sign them with a GPG key
   (rpmsign)
   - In the Spacewalk portal, go to: Channels > Manage Software Channels >
   Manage Software Reposotories
      - Click "Create Repository" and define it similar to the following:
         - Label: <whatever you want>
         - Type: yum
      - Create a new channel and link it to your newly created repo.
   - All clients will need the GPG key imported into rpm (rpm --import
   GPGKEYFILE)

Bill Howe
howe.bill at gmail.com <http://www.linkedin.com/in/whowe>