[Spacewalk-list] Can rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert be renamed?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Nov 21 19:45:11 UTC 2018

Hey Mark,

> On 22 Nov 2018, at 3:50 am, Mark Prangnell <mprangnell at talktalkplc.com> wrote:
>
> I’m in the process of writing some internal documentation ref usage and updating of ssl wildcard certs within my company with spacewalk and the question has been asked whether the ca-cert value (RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT) can be set to something different (ie, more related to own company) or is the usage of the name RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT hardcoded in some way in spacewalk?

It's possible to rename RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT on the clients but you'll have to then change the sslCACert value in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to point to the right certificate. This is supposed to work for osad as well, but you may need to manually set osa_ssl_cert in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf manually as well.

And make sure that these values are still in place after any upgrade of the Spacewalk client, I guess. :)

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496