[Spacewalk-list] vmware snapshots

Raymond Setchfield raymond.setchfield at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:36:04 UTC 2018

The way I would probably tackle that one is by executing via remote command
the snapshot - this will have to be a bespoke script which is written on
this machine which can speak to the API of your vcenter. I would be using
something like pyvmomi to do the execution of the snapshot, and once thats
completed to do the patch work of the machine via the remote command too.
If your hostname matches your vmware name then you could do something
smarter, but you may need to change the script for each host.

https://github.com/vmware/pyvmomi

There is probably better ways of doing this, and cleaner ways. But this is
something that I would think about doing this off the top of my head.

I hope this helps

Ray