[Spacewalk-list] RHEL repo sync error - CURL #60

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Tue Oct 9 18:33:25 UTC 2018

Am 9. Oktober 2018 18:46:27 MESZ schrieb Matt Moldvan <matt at moldvan.com>:
>No, unfortunately, I gave up on trying a long time ago, as it seemed
>like a
>very hokey approach to first sync using reposync on additional VMs, run
>createrepo, then add those as channels in Spacewalk.  Due to that and
>other
>cost saving initiatives, I gave up and changed our infrastructure to
>avoid
>using RHEL as much as possible in favor of CentOS...

I'm pretty sure, that all red hat customers here with this "SSL cert error" or "403 error" while syncing repos are mixing those errors.

Note: I'm not a red hat customer. But as far as I know, red hat uses SSL certificates to identify customers and grant access to the repos.

So if the access to the repos returns "403" (suddenly), maybe your subscription expired. So you might need to refresh these certificates. (Again, I'm not sure).

The SSL validation error (curl) is something "general".

And, I also thought, that there are rpms within the red hat repos, that contain these CA certs that are used on their Webservers so the customers do *not* get these "curl" errors.

Robert

>On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:55 AM Raymond Setchfield <
>raymond.setchfield at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you got this working, Matt?
>>
>> On 9 Oct 2018, at 16:21, Matt Moldvan <matt at moldvan.com> wrote:
>>
>> Oops, looks like my replies weren't making it to the mailing list
>(forgot
>> to change the "From" option).
>>
>> Anyway, I intended to reply to the list and not just Robert...
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:18 AM Matt Moldvan <sandwormusmc at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, makes sense.  My point was that Red Hat expecting this to be
>done
>>> by it's customers is silly and they shouldn't be using self signed
>certs in
>>> the path and making their customers do extra work...
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:50 AM Robert Paschedag
><robert.paschedag at web.de>

>could
>issuer
>your CA