[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler PXE boot.

Bruce Wainer bruce at brucewainer.com
Fri Oct 26 07:21:43 UTC 2018

I’ve had this a few times (I think it comes back whenever the kickstart tree is updated) and the cause is that the file permissions or ownership or something like that don’t allow the cobbler process to read the actual kernel and initram on the server. I don’t remember the exact folder location of these files, but every time this issue has been resolved by setting those two files to be world-readable (chmod +r). (If you just do the kernel and not the initram, then PXE will load the kernel and then the kernel will crash when it tries to load initram)

Bruce