[Spacewalk-list] Ubuntu and Spacewalk 2.8 : Error 500 on Release file

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Tue Sep 11 18:08:49 UTC 2018

<simon at dedisoft.com>:
>>Hi,
>>

>>Thanks for your reply, but this has already been done.
>>

>>The lines concerned by the patch are after the lines who generates the
>>error :
>>

>>if file_name == "repomd.xml":
>>content_type = "text/xml"
>>output = repo.get_repomd_file()
>>elif file_name == "primary.xml.gz":
>>output = repo.get_primary_xml_file()
>>elif file_name == "other.xml.gz":
>>output = repo.get_other_xml_file()
>>elif file_name == "filelists.xml.gz":
>>output = repo.get_filelists_xml_file() elif file_name ==
>>"updateinfo.xml.gz":
>>output = repo.get_updateinfo_xml_file() elif file_name == "comps.xml":
>>content_type = "text/xml"
>>output = repo.get_comps_file()
>>elif file_name == "modules.yaml":
>>output = repo.get_modules_file()
>>else:
>>log_debug(2, "Unknown repomd file requested: %s" % file_name) raise
>>rhnFault(6)
>>

>I cannot find your traceback logs...
>
>Now... Did you apply the patch or not
>>
>>Perhaps there's some other required modification missing...
>
>All I can say is that applying PR 636 and 637 works for me (and I think
others, too)

>Robert
>>

>>Regards,

Although I don't think the tip version code from those PRs is correct.
InRelease, Release, Release.gpg, and modules.yaml are not MIME type
appplication/x-gzip, which is what the current code identifies them as
since that is the default content-type set before the if statement chain.
The section in _repodata_taskomatic should at least  look like

         content_type = "application/x-gzip"

         if file_name in ["repomd.xml", "comps.xml"]:
             content_type = "text/xml"
+        elif file_name in ["InRelease", "Release", "Release.gpg"]:
+            content_type = "text/plain"
+        elif file_name in ["modules.yaml"]:
+            content_type = "text/yaml"
         elif file_name not in ["primary.xml.gz", "other.xml.gz",
                                "filelists.xml.gz", "updateinfo.xml.gz",
"Packages.gz"]:
             log_debug(2, "Unknown repomd file requested: %s" % file_name)
             raise rhnFault(6)

although maybe Release.gpg's content type should be
application/pgp-signature? The content-type should also be overridden for
modules.yaml in _repodata_python for the same reason

        elif file_name == "modules.yaml":
+            content_type = "text/yaml"
            output = repo.get_modules_file()