[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.9 clients

William Hongach William.Hongach at marist.edu
Wed Apr 24 13:52:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if Spacewalk 2.9 clients can communicate with a Spacewalk 2.8 server?  I ask because we currently have a 2.8 environment, but we are ready to deploy some SLES 12 SP4 servers.  The client available at download.opensuse.org for SLES 12 SP4 is version 2.9.

The majority of our SLES environment remains SLES 12 SP3 at this time so we would prefer to keep our Spacewalk server at 2.8 until we plan for a future migration.  Any insight into the 2.9 client backwards compatibility would be appreciated.  Thanks.