[Spacewalk-list] Space walk use case

Meena Rajani meenakrajani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 05:04:36 UTC 2019

Hi All:

I am new to spacewalk. I have  a large cluster of hadoop nodes which I want
to patch using spacewalk. I want to patch systems serially. for example if
I have 3 systems, Ab,B and C I would like to stop application services on
one server A and patch run the application software perform some checks and
then only if the system and cluster is in healthy state I would like to go
ahead and repeat the steps for the B and C. My question is how do I add my
hdfs commands and shellscript before the patching and after the patching?

I think the patching and pre check of the systems queued for patching is
done through the
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/blob/11941f962e584684358e9689b947aac0e6f7fa93/spacecmd/src/lib/system.py

The other way could be to add the pre and post patching logic added through
the bash script and some hdfs command. then use
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/spacecmd  this to start
patching in serial fashion.

please share your thoughts and use case and how you have achieved similar
goal?

Regards

Meena