[Spacewalk-list] New kernel not available un GRUB2 after update of CentOS7

Lubbers, Nicholas Nicholas.Lubbers at nsight.com
Tue Aug 6 12:53:12 UTC 2019

Michael,

Do you have selinux in enforcing mode? I’d ran into a similar issue in that rhn_check was running in the wrong context by default causing the kernel install to fail halfway through install.

[root@~]# semanage fcontext -l | grep rhn_check
/usr/sbin/rhn_check-[0-9]+\.[0-9]+                 regular file       system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0
/usr/sbin/rhn_check                                regular file       system_u:object_r:rpm_exec_t:s0

In my case, I was missing the one with the regex (rhn_check is actually a symlink) and had to add it with:
semanage fcontext -a -t rpm_exec_t “/usr/sbin/rhn_check-[0-9]+\.[0-9]+”

Hope this helps!

Nick