[Spacewalk-list] Get update without Registering Clients

Rolf Linder Rolf.Linder at united-security-providers.ch
Mon Aug 12 06:26:58 UTC 2019

Hey Amir

There is a known workaround available which can be used for that. If you include your channel in a kickstart profile (you have to), then you can access the repo without client registration at

http(s)://[spacewalk_servername]/ks/dist/child/[software_channel_child_name]/[software_channel_base_name]

for example for your spacewalk-server named spacewalk.local with software channels "centos7-base", "centos7-updates" (a child of base) then you can access the updates repo like

http(s)://spacewlk.local/ks/dist/child/centos7-updates/centos7-base

This is how anaconda is accessing the channels (see "anaconda-ks.cfg" after installation for your example) and thus requires you to link the software channel in a kickstart profile.

Best regards,
Rolf