[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk registration/updating issues

Philip Owens iusefaith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 18:57:36 UTC 2019

Recently I took over administration of a Spacewalk server that someone else
built that no longer works for us. It works 95% of the time. However,
sometimes, after initial registration and successful updating, when one
goes to update down the road--whether it is security only or a full
update--I will get an error with rhn_check:

*[root at XXXXXXXX log]# rhn_checkrhn-plugin: Error communicating with server.
The message was:*
*Internal Server Error*

AND:

*[root at nsh-olo-dnsmasq-p01 log]# rhn-profile-sync -vvupdateLoginInfo()
login infoD: login(forceUpdate=True) invokedD: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC
registration.upgrade_versionA protocol error occurred: Internal Server
Error , attempt #1,There was a RhnServerException while testing login:*
*---> Blank Line <---*

So when I have seen this, I usually check the apache error log on the
spacewalk server and I will see this error:

*[Mon Aug 12 14:03:34.152735 2019] [:error] [pid 3433] TypeError: ('cannot
marshal None unless allow_none is enabled'*

Thus, I have to delete the system in Spacewalk and then re-register it with
the force flag, and then I can resume updates. My question is, why is this
happening? I might believe this could happen over a long period. However,
this is happening some times in less than a week. Any help would be
appreciated. The systems are running OL 7.4, 7.5, or 7.6 when they get
registered to Spacewalk.