[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.9 - How to Disable network proxy for specific repos

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Wed Aug 21 22:40:26 UTC 2019

Greetings Spacers,

I’m running Spacewalk 2.9 on Centos 6.10 with all the latest patches.

Is there a way to disable the network proxy for specific repos?  I have two
internal repos which should not be passed thru the proxy server.  I’ve
tried updating /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/yum.conf with the entry shown
below but it did not work.  So far no luck in figuring it out. I can ping
the swdepot.local server and I can wget from it.

# cat /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/yum.conf

[main]

proxy=http://proxy.local:3128

[kyriba-misc-centos6]

name=External - Kyriba-Misc for Centos 6

baseurl=http://swdepot.local/SW/Packages/kyriba-misc

proxy=_none_

enabled=1

gpgcheck = 0

When I try a repo sync I get these messages:

[root at us3-inf-lu-s01 scripts]# /usr/bin/python -u
/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel kyriba-misc-centos6 --type yum

15:35:06 ======================================

15:35:06 | Channel: kyriba-misc-centos6

15:35:06 ======================================

15:35:06 Sync of channel started.

15:35:06

15:35:06   Processing repository with URL:
http://swdepot.local/SW/Packages/kyriba-misc

15:35:06 ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: External - Kyriba-Misc for Centos 6. Please verify its path and
try again

15:35:06 Sync of channel completed in 0:00:00.

15:35:06 Total time: 0:00:00

*Larry E. Clegg*

Systems Engineer (SaaS Platform Operations) | *Kyriba*

[Cell Phone] +1 858-357-5579

[Address] 9620 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 250 | San Diego, California |
92121

www.kyriba.com | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KyribaCorp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kyribacorp> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kyriba-corporation> | Blog