[Spacewalk-list] Issues with the first Ubuntu client under Spacewalk 2.9

James Krych james.w.krych at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:52:12 UTC 2019

I am still getting the spacewalk TRACEBACK error:
Exception reported from spacewalk
Time: Tue Feb  5 12:47:09 2019
Exception type <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Exception while handling function repodata
Request object information:
URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/ubuntu_channel/repodata/Packages.diff/Index
Remote Host: grouper-dev-loader-v.mdc.musc.edu
Server Name: spacewalk.mdc.musc.edu:443
Headers passed in:

(only partial)

However, when I tried to do an apt-get upgrade, I ended up with the
following error for each and every package:
 E: Failed to fetch spacewalk://
spacewalk.mdc.musc.edu/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/ubuntu_16_updates/getPackage/xdg-user-dirs_0.15-2ubuntu6.16.04.1.amd64-deb.deb
404  Not Found

This was from the command line. I have scheduled an package install/upgrade
via the web UI -- it hasn't shown to be completed yet.

What am I doing wrong here?

Respectfully,

James

James W. Krych