[Spacewalk-list] specific repo to a server with kickstart

P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 10:01:07 UTC 2019

Hi Jerome

I've been using Spacewalk to patch systems for a little while but only started to look in to provisioning with Spacewalk more recently.

However, if I understand your question properly, the Base Channel is set when creating a Kickstart Distribution. Subsequently, this is where the packages will come from for installation.

Note, unlike Satellite, Spacewalk does NOT make the OS disk structure (Kickstart Tree) required for installation - this needs to be performed as a separate task. The Tree Path, within Kickstart Distribution, should be set to whatever location you download these to.

As Spacewalk is utilising Kickstart/Koan and Cobbler, under the covers, I believe there'll be other ways of achieving the same thing, in an even more automated way, though.

Regards
Phil