[Spacewalk-list] Repo question...

Christoph Galuschka tigalch at tigalch.org
Thu Jan 17 22:12:24 UTC 2019

So, when you look at mirrors:
6.10 is the current point release of CentOS-6
6 is a symbolic link pointing to 6.10
6.9 and older usually only contain a readme file, since the content of
previous point releases gets moved to vault.centos.org and no longer
resides on mirrors (to save space).

If there would be a 6.11, the new 6.11 directory will appear in the
mirrors, and the 6-symlink will point to 6.11

Here is what I do:
/os and /updates point to a local public mirror directly to the point
release directory. Once a new point release comes out, I change the repo
definitions in spacewalk, remove all packages from both spacewalk repos
and resync.

Best regards
Christoph

Christoph Galuschka