[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Provisioning

P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 13:30:09 UTC 2019

Hi all

I've recently built a SW 2.8 environment on a RHEL 7 server, added Channels/Repositories for RHEL/Oracle Linux 6/7 and successfully patched relevant client systems. I now want to look at provisioning RHEL/Oracle Linux 6/7
systems - I won't be using a DHCP server. Can anyone supply simple instructions for doing this as I can't seem to get a proper angle on it? I was envisaging using the newly created repositories created for patching but when I look in Systems > Kickstart > Create Kickstart Profile I see this:

Base Channel: No Kickstartable Channels found.
Kickstartable Tree: No trees were found for the selected channel

I learnt that this was because I need to "enable" the repositories to be kickstartable by re-syncing with relevant option but this give message "Kickstartable tree not detected (no valid treeinfo file)" for bot Red Hat and Oracle Linux channels (see below). Do I need to sync from different base channels perhaps?

[root@ ~]# spacewalk-repo-sync -c rhel7_x86_64 --sync-kickstart
12:23:10 ======================================
12:23:10 | Channel: rhel7_x86_64
12:23:10 ======================================
12:23:10 Sync of channel started.
12:23:10
12:23:10   Processing repository with URL: https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/x86_64/os
Repository group_spacewalkproject-java-packages is listed more than once in the configuration
12:23:13
12:23:13   Importing comps file fef86aafcac04474fa71d40322b4b81bab738f67-comps.xml.
12:23:22     Packages in repo:             23382
12:24:06     No new packages to sync.
12:24:07
12:24:07   Errata in repo: 3449.
12:24:07     No new errata to sync.
12:24:07
12:24:07   Importing kickstarts.
12:24:10     Kickstartable tree not detected (no valid treeinfo file)
12:24:10 Sync of channel completed in 0:01:00.
12:24:10 Total time: 0:01:00
[root@ ~]#

[root@ ~]# spacewalk-repo-sync -c ol7_x86_64 --sync-kickstart
12:56:10 ======================================
12:56:10 | Channel: ol7_x86_64
12:56:10 ======================================
12:56:10 Sync of channel started.
12:56:11
12:56:11   Processing repository with URL: http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/latest/x86_64/
Repository group_spacewalkproject-java-packages is listed more than once in the configuration
12:56:12
12:56:12   Importing comps file comps.xml.
12:56:18     Packages in repo:             11799
12:56:36     No new packages to sync.
12:56:36
12:56:36   Errata in repo: 1360.
12:56:37     No new errata to sync.
12:56:37
12:56:37   Importing kickstarts.
12:56:39     Kickstartable tree not detected (no valid treeinfo file)
12:56:40 Sync of channel completed in 0:00:28.
12:56:40 Total time: 0:00:28
[root@ ~]#

Regards
Phil