[Spacewalk-list] Debian / Ubuntu admins: Possible fix for missing Multi-Arch header in Packages.gz...

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Thu Jun 13 15:02:15 UTC 2019

Hi Spacewalkers,

I think many of the Debian / Ubuntu admins are using (maybe a further modified version) of my spacewalk-add-debian-multiarch-header.py script to inject the currently missing 'Multi-Arch' header into the Packages.gz file.

I'm currently testing very much with Uyuni and yesterday, I managed to successfully test my patch to also import and write the 'Multi-Arch' header into the Packages.gz file.

It is a very simple change and currently only adds the 'Multi-Arch' header (and not possibly all other headers that might still be missing).

But until today, all other missing headers are not as important as the 'Multi-Arch' one.

So with this PR (https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/pull/697), the debian / ubuntu repositories could be synchronized by Spacewalk and the Multi-Arch header does not have to be injected later. Unfortunetaly, all Debian / Ubuntu packages would have to be completly removed and resynced :-(

I'm sorry....I'm currently not able to really test this on a Spacewalk testsystem. But as long as the 'import', 'sql' and Package.gz writing code hopefully did not change that much in Uyuni, it should work.

Maybe someone can try and test this on a Spacewalk testserver?

Kind regards,
Robert