[Spacewalk-list] Two Failed 2.7 to 2.9 Upgrades

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:17:01 UTC 2019

I have two Spacewalk environments at different sites.  Two weeks ago I
upgraded one of them from 2.7 to 2.9 (bypassed 2.8).  The DB schema
upgrade was successful, but I noticed I could not view my Kickstart
profiles without receiving an error message:
There are errors in your kickstart template. Please check the
'Kickstart File' tab to determine the problem with the template.

I upgraded my second environment today and I also receive the same
error message.  When I click on the Kickstart File tab, I see no
errors or clues on why it cannot generate the kickstart file.  I've
been looking through various tomcat and rhn log directories but cannot
determine where the error is occurring.

If I create a brand new kickstart profile on either server, I get the same
error.  This seems to imply it's not my Snippets or other customizations to
the existing profiles.  Something is wrong across the board on these
newly-upgraded 2.9 systems.

Where should I look next or what debug should I enable to track this down?

By the way, my existing systems are working fine and I was able to
move them to new Spacewalk 2.9 Client channels and update the client
RPMs without issues.

Thank you for any insights.

/Brian/