[Spacewalk-list] Syncing with SLES for SAP repos

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Tue Jun 25 00:08:30 UTC 2019

<Wafa.Sadri at bitbw.bwl.de> wrote;
>To: "spacewalk-list at redhat.com" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
>>Dear Paul-Andre,
>>
>>coincidentally I'm having a very similar issue. We fixed this issue in
>>2.7 and it's now back because SW has fundamentally changed the way it
>>syncs repos (either from 2.7 to 2.8 or 2.8 to 2.9 - not sure yet).
>>
>>best regards,
>>Wafa

>Belated thanks.  I had some issues with licenses that appeared to have
expired on the SUSE site (even though we
>had support), so I only got back to this recently when we found a
solution to that issue. While I still need to set up
>SUSE 12 for some servers, I'm also needing to set up SUSE 11 for SAP so I
decided to look at the latter again. It
>looks like some of the problems I was having must have been due to
mistyped URLs. I did manage to get working
>the two SLES 11 for SAP channels with which I was having problems, after
re-creating the URLS - one with more
>success than another.
>Cheers,
>Paul-Andre

BTW, for Wafa and Ethan and others out there, I did manage to get SUSE 12
repos to work with Spacewalk 2.9,
but I had to hack the code a bit by creating a sles repo plugin for the
updates.suse.com + authtoken urls.
Of course now that I've got it all sync'ing for SLES 12 repos, I have
found out that I'm going to actually need SLES 15
repos, but I expect that should work as well. If somebody wants to
generate a pull request, e-mail me and I'll send you
the diffs.

Cheers,

Paul-Andre