[Spacewalk-list] Two Failed 2.7 to 2.9 Upgrades

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 20:04:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 5:34 AM Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:
> It looks like cobbler is not able to parse kickstart file.
> There might be more info in /var/log/cobbler/cobbler.log.

Michael, thanks for the tip.  I forgot about cobbler logs.  I found
/etc/cobbler/settings had changed during the upgrade and the -swsave
file had my hosts's FQDN (instead of the short-name inserted by
spacewalk-setup).  I copied the settings-swsave file over settings and
restarted cobblerd.  I determined the permissions on /var/log/cobbler
had been altered by another process such that Apache could no longer
write into that directory.  This was causing all the kickstart profile
errors.

/Brian/