[Spacewalk-list] Ex-SCCM admin has a question!

Jody McIvor JMcIvor at bclc.com
Wed Mar 6 17:47:55 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I first stopped into the IRC but it was a ghost town. Hopefully not so, here :)

In SCCM (Its been a while), if I added a package/app/etc, any asset subscribed to the parent of that package would eventually automatically receive it. My question about Spacewalk is, if I put an app on spacewalk under a main software channel, will it eventually force that app to all subscribed systems, or will they only receive once I schedule it to be pushed to selected systems (SSM)? Basically wondering if its safe/normal practice to have two systems subscribed to one channel, adding an app to that channel and having it only installed onto one of said two systems.

Thanks,

Jody McIvor
Senior Systems Admin.
[TEL] (250) 852-5202
[LinkedIn]

[cid:image009.png at 01D20E63.DC23F1A0]
jmcivor at bclc.com<mailto:jmcivor at bclc.com>
BCLC.com<http://bclc.com/>

This email is intended only for the addressee. It may contain confidential or proprietary information that cannot be disclosed without BCLC's permission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email.