[Spacewalk-list] Multiple Data Center Setup

Jess karghie at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:47:43 UTC 2019

Hello,

I currently have Spacewalk setup in one data center that we are using to
manage the servers in only that location. I would like to expand out and
implement Spacewalk into our other data centers as well. I have spent a few
hours searching for the best method to do this but so far have come up
short.

The DCs are located around the world and each has its own vlan.  I do not
want to use a single location and be pulling packages across the internet.
At the moment I have setup Spacewalk in a second DC, setup ISS, and used
satellite-sync to sync the channels but this is as far as I've went. The
next step would seem to be to create the repos, kickstart configurations,
etc. since there does not seem to be a method to sync those (unless I'm
wrong or going about this the wrong way).

Is there a better way to achieve this than literally copying all the
configuration for each DC?

I'm going to continue to research from my end but I appreciate any help or
suggestions from others who have tackled this issue.

Thank you!
Jess