[Spacewalk-list] Release' does not have a Release file.

Raymond Setchfield raymond.setchfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:36:22 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Adding ubuntu clients to spacewalk and receiving this error message. I have
been following documentation regarding to add release files, and this has
been done. Ubuntu is still complaining about the release files.

Also the python2-rhn-client-tools concerns me a little. I see there is a
bug open for this. Is there a workaround?

Reading package lists... Error!
W: The repository 'spacewalk://smart-cent-mgmt.kinly.com channels: Release'
does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing python2-rhn-client-tools (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/smart-cent-mgmt.kinly.com_dists_channels:_kinly-masters-internal-channel_binary-amd64_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Thanks

Ray