[Spacewalk-list] CentOS repos reappear in /etc/yum.repos.d

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 27 17:50:49 UTC 2019

The centos-release rpm contains all the repo files. If they are missing
they are restored during the next install/update. That is standard rpm
behavior for config files in rpms.

Don't (re)move the CentOS repo files. If you don't want to use those
repos, modify the files and set all repositories in the files to
"enabled=0".

Config files are not overwritten if they exist. That's the case for any
config file from any rpm.

For example, if you have installed the apache webserver with the httpd
rpm you cannot remove the welcome page by deleting
/etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf. It would come back during the next update.

-Gerald