[Spacewalk-list] CentOS repos reappear in /etc/yum.repos.d

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 27 18:10:29 UTC 2019

On 27.11.19 18:54, David Dales wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken setting the "enabled=0" won't work. If Spacewalk/Yum discovers multiple repository sources with the same source URL it will fail.

You are mistaken. yum doesn't care about the source URL or whether two
or more repos use the same url.

And you are not using the same source URLs anyway: the repo files use
the centos mirrors directly and the repos provided by your spacewalk
server use your spacewalk server. Thus they are very different.

Only the repositories you configure on your spacewalk server must be
unique. But that has nothing to do what yum does on your servers.

> We use puppet to remove the entries under /etc/yum.repos.d/ to avoid this problem

Don't. Set enabled=0 to disable the repos in the local repo files.
That's how it works.

-Gerald